Monday 9 May 2016

Night time Skincare Routine for Acne/ Oily Skin !







For my Night time routine I like to use more high end products, since this is the time your skin cells rejuvenates itself whilst you sleep! Hence BEAUTY SLEEP ! 

First Cleanser: Cleansing Oil 

Cleansing Oil has become very popular within the recent years, and I can defiantly see why. Using an oil cleanser to take off your makeup is the most efficient way of ensuring all your makeup is throughly removed without drying or damaging your skin. 

My favourite oil cleanser is the Body shop Camcamomile cleansing oil, For people with Oily/ Combination ( like me ), this cleansing oil is perfect because it hydrates my skin without leaving a greasy residue. Works very well with removing my base and eye makeup. In conjunction with the oil cleanser I use the Clinique 'Take the day off' cleansing cloth, to ensure all makeup is throughly removed. I find my skin is extra clean, since I started using these the cloth with the cleanser. 





 

Second cleanser: 
Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit Cleansing cream wash / Garner Skin Naturals Pure Active Intensive Charcoal Scrub

If you have read my morning routine post, you will know I also use the cleansing cream in the morning as well, on normal days it works well as a night time cleanser as well. Its gentle, non drying formula is perfect for night time. 

Twice a week on days when I don't do a clay mask, I would use the Garnier charcoal scrub. It works very efficiently in cleansing deep into my pores. 

I would use this in conjunction with this fish shape exfoliator, with the concept of the very popular 'Clarisonic'. It is a exfoliating cleansing brush, its brittles are SO SOFT ! Therefore if you accidentally scrub your skin too hard along with the cleanser, you won't damage your skin ! 

I got this brush from my local SASA in Hong Kong! So cheap but very effective ! 




Toner: Garnier Pure Micellar Cleansing water

This is the only product from my routine, I would not repurchase since it is very effective as a third step in ensuring all the makeup and dirt is removed from my skin, but is has quite a drying formula. Not very hydrating. How would use it is, I would put some onto a cotton pad and swipe it on my skin. 




Serum: 
Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Serum / Estee Lauder Clear difference Advanced Blemish Serum

These two products is my most expensive skincare products, but it works AMAZINGLY WELL ! 
Serums is the only product I would splurge my money on, since its texture is thin enough to repair skin cells deep within the skin. I can never fully explain how AMAZING these two serums are, it has LITERALLY IMPROVED my skin SOOOO much within the past year ! 

I would use the Clear difference Blemish Serum on days when my skin is breaking out, and I would use the Advanced Night repair on nights when I have a special even to attend to the next day and I want my skin to glow, or if I'm seeing someone special ! 


The Advance Night repair is Estee Lauder's BEST SELLER and I can definitely see why, it has DEFINITELY reduced the appearance of my acne scars as well as the texture of my skin!   

A little goes a long way, so I would only use one or two drops a night. 

Moisturiser: 
Avene Hydrance Optimale Light Hydrating Cream 



Avene is my favourite drugstore Skincare brand

This moisturiser is SOOO hydrating but at the same time NON- GREASY ! It works very well as a final layer in my skincare routine. I have defiantly seen a difference in my skin since using this, as it has become more hydrated and softer. I use the light version as a night time moisturiser since the rich version's texture would be too heavy for my oily skin. 


Sheet Masks / Clay Masks
On nights when I have been wearing makeup for a long period of time or I have a special event to attend the next day I would put on a mask. 

Sheet Masks: 
I would use these instead of serum, therefore after I apply my toner. Then I would apply moisturiser afterwards to seal in the moisture. My favourite brands as 'My beauty diary ' and Etude House Sheet masks. 


My Top three picks: 


This 'My Beauty Diary' Apple Polyphenol Mask is an oil control and pore constringing sheet mask. Works amazing well at controlling my oil levels the next day, as well as healing my blemishes. 












A MUST BUY FOR ACNE- PRONE SKIN ! 

This Etude House sheet mask instantly heels your blemishes over night! This is the sheet mask I would reach for when my skin breaks out really badly, In comparison to the ' My Beauty Sheet Masks', its formula acts like an intensive acne treatment, that does NOT dry out your skin. 













This Etude House sheet mask has the same formula as the toner I use in the morning, A very hydrating but Non- greasy formula, perfect for nights when your skin feels very dry. 

Non - greasy therefore perfect for oily/ Combination skin types






Clay Masks : 

Estee Lauder Clear Difference Purifying Exfoliating Mask


It's another high end skincare product, but again WORKS AMAZING WELL! 

DEFINTLY WORTH THE MONEY ! 

This clay mask very effectively draws out all the dirt and oil deep within the pores. My skin INSTANTLY clears up after I wash this off. I leave it on my cleansed skin for 5 mins, then wash off with lukewarm water. 

Instantly the discolouration on my skin is balanced out, the spots on my skin are reduced / gone. Overall my skin is improved within minutes! Seriously a MUST BUY ITEM ! 

When I first bought this I was sceptical about paying so much money and only leaving it on for a short period of time, so I left it on for half an hour ( Like other clay masks), and it didn't do anything for my skin.

 Recently, I have reused the product and I followed precisely as the instructions said, leaving it on for ONLY 5 MINUTES! AMAZING RESULTS ! My pores are cleared and cleaned! 

Its also an exfoliating mask therefore I would wet my hands with water after the 5 minutes and exfoliate my skin gently. It really does clean my skin efficiently.  

Will defiantly repurchase this product ! 















No comments:

Post a Comment