Monday 9 May 2016

Morning Skincare Routine for Acne/ Oily Skin !

My current morning skincare routine 2016 

Since I was around the ages of  10 / 11, I have suffered with severe to mild acne. My skin type is Oily  in the hot summer days, and Combination during Winter. For the past 9 years I have experimented with ALOT of different acne skincare remedies and products. Some have done wonders for my skin, some have left me completely disappointed. Here is my current skincare routine, hope this helps others who are have oily/ acne prone skin :D 

Morning routine
Cleanser

In the morning, I like to use a gentle cleanser that will cleanse my skin throughly ignored to prep my skin for makeup. Recently I have been using OATMEAL to cleanse my skin, yes oatmeal! Crazy but it  works. ( I will write a more detailed post on how I cleanse my skin with it). It works especially well when my skin is breaking out REALLY badly. 

On days when my skin is not so sensitive, I have been using the Neutrogena's Cream cleanser. This is more fourth repurchase. Which shows how much I love using it! Its so gentle and really does cleanse my skin throughly without making my skin dry. Out of the entire pink grapefruit range, this cream cleanser is the only cleanser that made a difference to my skin. 



Toner 

After cleansing my skin, with the cleanser and lukewarm water. I use a toner to balance the pH levels in my skin. In the morning, I like to use the Hada Labo Hyaluronic acid toner, the name sounds scary but Hyaluronic Acid is very popular in Japanese products, since it is very effective in hydrating the skin. This toner is a number 1 seller in Japan. 

How I use it, is I take three drops onto my palm, rub my palms together, then massage it into my skin gently until it fully absorbs. 



Moisturiser

I am currently using the Neutrogena Pink grapefruit moisturiser. This moisturiser works really well,  absorbs into the skin really well and is non- greasy. Works really well as a makeup base! I've tried the oil - free moisturiser as well, I personally both moisturisers work just as well; but its best to use a cleanser and moisturiser within the same product range as this will increase it efficiency.  











Final step : Sunscreen ( on hot summer days) 

During the Summer, I like to apply sunscreen as the final layer inorder to protect my skin from the harmful UV rays. 

Tip: If you suffer from acne ( like me ), its best to wear sunscreen all year round, Since the UV rays can damage your skin's protective layer which leads to spots.  During winter you can use a sunscreen with a lower SPF ( Sun protection factor), such as SPF 10 to 20. In comparison, in summer its best to  SPF 50 and above, with PA++++. 

I like to use Japanese brands, since I find they are the least greasy and most hydrating. 

The Biore UV sunscreen is the MOST HYDRATING sunscreen I have used so far, it has a gel texture which makes it very comfortable when applied to the skin. My cousin bought this for me, and the first time I used it, I instantly loved it! Since then it has become my most reached product in terms of sunscreen. 

My second favourite sunscreen is Sunplay Sunscreen, this sunscreen is a spray - on formula. Non greasy and has a powdery after texture. I mainly use on my body rather than my face, but if I do. I would spray some on my hands and pat it onto my skin. It is sweat and water resistant, Perfect for summer ! 

















No comments:

Post a Comment